The main category for
Golden Pin Design Award 2016 is
"Generic Design (Multiple Design Fields & Subjects)" and sub categories are: "Visual Communication Design, Product Design, Packaging Design, Spatial Design" . The focus of
Golden Pin Design Award 2016 is
"Huaren (Chinese-speaking) oriented design" and some keywords are: "
product design, visual communication, spatial design, packaging design, consumer goods, fashion, architecture, landscape design, furniture, posters, fonts ".
Golden Pin Design Award 2016 is a Product Design Competition (or Realized Designs, Prototypes etc) competition.
Design Oriented .
Golden Pin Design Award 2016 targets
Designers for or within the huaren (Chinese-speaking) market .
While designing, Designs must be focused on a specific thema.
The postal address to send physical entries to the competition or contact for regular mail is: Apply online: http://www.goldenpin.org.tw/en/GPCDA.asp City: Taipei / Country: China. Phone number: 886-2-27458199 ext.335.
The native language of this competition is unknown or unstated. The competition has an English website. This competition orginates from China. The competition was first organized in 1981. This competition was organized 36 times. This competition is annual, it repeats every year. (
Repeats Annually ).
ORGANIZER & SPONSORS
Golden Pin Design Award 2016 is organized by
The Industry Development Bureau, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan (
Government or Government Institutions ).
There are 0 sponsors total.This competition does not have any sponsors.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS & JOINING
Age limits and restrictions (minimum / maximum age) is not given. Most probably, there are no age restrictions for this design competition. The maximum number of submissions allowed per each participation is not given. It is possible that there are no limits in number of entriesThere are not any restrictions for the number of submissions allowed per each participatnt; you can submit as many designs (infinite / unlimited) as you wish (Multiple submissions requires multiple registrations). Both individual and team submissions are allowed. The maximum team size is not clearly stated, the best-practice is 5 (five) people, but you should re-confirm it. This is an international competition, participants from all over the world can join. There are not any exlusive regional or territorial areas for this competition or this information is not stated. This competition is open to All. This competition is Open To All.
PUBLISHING AND AWARD CEREMONY
Competition results will be published but only the selected submissions and winners will be included in the book. Competition results will be published online, but only the selected submissions and winners will be published online. There will be a Gala Night and Award Ceremony of the competition. The gala-night venue for this competition is at GALANIGHTVENUE. There will be a temporary physical exhibition of winners. (
The exhibition of this competition will take place in: EXHIBITIONVENUE. ).
Pictures of participants will be published, but designers can choose to opt-out. Private information of participants are not published. The result books / annuals are not distributed for free, they are sold to all. Yes, there is a free pr-campaign for winners.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
There are 3 types of awards in this competition. Number of awards are based on a percentage of applicants, as the number of participants increase, number of awards will also increase. There are no monetary awards. The organizer will not realize winning designs under any condition. N/A (There are no Prizes/Money) Award distribution percentage is not clearly stated Award details are as follows: Best Design Award, Best Design Award, Best Design Award, N/A, N/A, N/A, N/A. The webpage address link (URL) of the complete list of remaining awards is not given.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
Page and file limits for this design competition is not clearly stated.
Exact maximum file size permitted to be submitted is 0 KB.
It is not stated whether technical drawings or source files for this competition are required or not.
Submission of physical entries such as the prototype or realized design is required.
Submission is possible with any format.
Only digital submission using online form.
There is no need to submit how-to-produce / realization information for the project.
The competition call does not state that you need to submit a description of your concept, however it is best practice to submit if it is otherwise stated.
Pixel sizes are not clearly stated. Resolution requirements for the digital images are not clearly stated.
Paper sizes are not clearly stated. Resolution requirements for the printed images are not clearly stated.
EVALUATION, JUDGING AND SCORING
It is not clearly stated if the jury will meet physically to perform judging or if it is an online judging process.
The selection of winners is made by step by step elimination.
There is no public voting, winners will be voted by the jury.
The participants will not recieve a printed score sheet or see their scores online.
The participants will not recieve printed jury notes or see them online.
Submissions are not given numeric score.
The participants will not recieve printed competition statisticss nor access them online.
Judging criteria are as follows: Integration: Appropriately and completely meets the needs of the target market, community, or consumer group., Innovation: Has original concepts, functions, or materials., Function: Provides appropriate functions or operations that meet the needs of how the target market, community, or consumer group will use the product or project., Aesthetics: Appropriately represents the distinguishing features of the product or project., Communication: Expresses the cultural sensibilities of the target market, community, or consumer group (Visual Communication Design Category)..
The size of the jury is indicated as zero. Jury details are not given, it is possible that there is no jury and the judging is based on public voting.
Detailed list of jury members are not indicated for this competition.
The webpage address link (URL) of the page that lists other jury members is not given.
Designer keeps all the rights to the designs.
Participants can choose not to participate in Publishings such as Books and Online Exhibitions.
Physical submissions can be picked up by the designer, but will not be sent automatically by the organizer.
Total due fees and other required payments for this competition is 31 Euros (€). The obligations of the winners, for example if they do need to pay any more expenses etc, including advertsing, pr-making etc, is not indicated.
Designers are not required to participate in any events.
The participants are not required to make advertisements for the competition.
It is not clearly indicated if the winner designers need or given chance to work for the organizers or sponsors.
Winners are not obliged to sell their designs to the organizer.
CERTIFICATES AND TROPHIES
The competition does not send a hardcopy participation certificates for joining.
The competition sends a hardcopy (printed) certificate to winners.
The competition will send a physical trophy or an award winners.
The winners of the competition can use a winners-logo or badge to promote thier winning products and designs.
A press-release to distribute to press members, bloggers, magazine editors etc was unfortunetely not provided.
Which message to carry: The award challenges designers of all nationalities and backgrounds to match the unique needs and desires of Chinese-speaking markets..The design brief is as follows: Which institution wants us to design: Taiwan Design Center. What kind of institution wants us to design: Creative design is the key to the upgrading of national competitiveness. The Taiwan Design Center was founded to promote the development of the cultural and creative industry. . The ultimate aim of the competition: The GPDA seeks to honor the most innovative design products and projects created within and for the huaren market, giving contemporary huaren designers a stage on which they can be recognized.. Who to design for: The huaren (Chinese-speaking) market. Regarding what to design: Participating individuals and companies are judged on their ability to innovate in the dynamic huaren economy.. Where to look for inspiration: Check news clippings online to find out about previous winning entries, e.g. http://www.goldenpin.org.tw/en/pgpnya.asp.A last advice from the organizer: 1981..
Expect this section to be filled only after the competition is finalized and results anounced to the public. Results have either not been announced yet or not available in this page. Please check the competition website in case they might have already been posted there.
|Results & Pages
Copyright © 金點設計獎 golden pin design award
2016 golden pin design award
celebrating innovative products and projects expressly created for and within huaren (chinese-speaking) communities.
organizer：the industry development bureau, moea
executive：taiwan design center, tdc
1. entry qualification
(1) products on sale, produced, or designed in or for any huaren (chinesespeaking) community around the world. products or projects should be entered by a brand or company registered in a chinese-speaking community.
(2) international brands, manufacturers, or design firms are eligible to enter a product or project into the competition if they have a brand, company, or commercial agent registered in a huaren (chinese-speaking) community.
2. award categories
(1) product design
i. articles for daily use, including (but not limited to): consumer goods, clothing and accessories, footwear, bags, cases and trunks, health and medical equipment.
ii. household equipment, including (but not limited to): furniture, bathroom equipment, construction materials.
iii. electronic information products, including (but not limited to): 3c products.
iv. metal mechanical and electrical products, including (but not limited to): machinery and equipment, vehicles, bicycles, household appliances.
(2) visual communication design category
i. advertisements, including (but not limited to): graphic advertising material, posters, advertising light boxes, fonts, mascot design.
ii. publications, including (but not limited to): publicity brochures, books, magazines, calendars and cards, newspapers, instruction manuals.
iii. branding systems, including (but not limited to): logos, corporate identity systems, behavior recognition systems, environmental indicator systems.
iv. digital content, including (but not limited to): digital animation, digital games, digital learning products, digital publishing products, digital videos.
v. information technology services and products, including (but not limited to): app mobile application services, internet products, communications network technologies and applications, process design.
(3) packaging design category
i. industrial packaging
ii. product packaging, including (but not limited to): 3c product packaging, consumer goods packaging, clothing and accessories packaging, footwear and bags packaging, cases and trunks packaging, health and medical equipment packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, household appliances packaging, food packaging, beauty products packaging, gifts packaging.
(4) spatial design category
including (but not limited to): homes, retail spaces, offices, public buildings, demonstration homes.
3. selection procedure
(1) preliminary selection: products are selected for entry into the secondary selection by an expert regional jury based on registration information.
(2) secondary selection: recipients of a golden pin design award “design mark” are selected and named, and products are selected for entry into final selection based on assessment of physical products/projects by an expert regional jury.
(3) final selection: golden pin design award “finalists” are named and “best design” recipients are selected based on assessment of physical products/projects by an expert international jury. following the judging session, the list of best design recipients products/projects will be known only by the jury chair, a representative of the award organizer, and a legal official. best design recipients will be revealed for the first time in the relevant year’s golden pin design award ceremony.
4. key dates & deadlines
(1) entry / registration deadline: june 30, 2016 (taipei, gmt+8)
(2) registration fee payment deadline: july 1, 2016 (17:59 p.m.)
(3) notification of results of preliminary selection: july 2016
(4) delivery of products for secondary selection: august 2016
(exact date and address to be announced)
(5) delivery of products for final selection: september 2016
(exact date and address to be announced)
(6) “best design” award ceremony: november 2016
5. registration procedure
submit online registration before the registration deadline of june 30, 2016. payment of the entry fee must be completed before july 1, 2016. please provide proof of payment (1. name of the product; 2. name of company; 3. date of payment; 4. sum of payment; 5. remittances account
after five yards) and e-mail to the golden pin design award team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. registration fee
(1) registration fee: nt$1000 (us$35 or rmb250) per project entered
(2) the full registration fee must be received by the organizer. handling and additional charges for remitting nt dollars and us dollars must be borne by the applicant (100% t/t).
7. payment methods and invoicing
(1) payment methods
i. cheque: please use a crossed cheque payable to "taiwan design center". please indicate that the cheque is "non-negotiable".
ii. telegraphic transfer (t/t): nt dollars and us dollars are the only accepted currency. please provide proof of payment (specify name of company) and e-mail to the golden pin design award team at
(i) if paying in nt dollars:
bank: mega international commercial bank co., ltd. (chung hsiao branch)/ bank code: 017
account name: taiwan design center
account no.: 00509024310
(ii) if paying in us dollars:
bank: mega international commercial bank co., ltd. (chung hsiao branch)
bank address: no.233,sec.4,chung hsiaoe.road,taipei,taiwan
account name: taiwan design center
account no: 00553063600
(iii) if paying in rmb:
please use on 99bill.com
i. the taiwan design center will issue a cash register triplicate uniform invoice, and will mail the invoice to the company or manufacturer applying to the competition.
ii. for those companies or manufacturers paying in us dollars, the taiwan design center will issue an electronic invoice to the company or manufacturer applying to the competition.
8. selection criteria
through an impartial and professional review process, the golden pin design award selects innovative products and projects originating from huaren (chinese-speaking) communities, as well as international products and projects that take design for huaren (chinese-speaking) communities
(1) integration: appropriately and completely meets the needs of the target market, community, or consumer group.
(2) innovation: has original concepts, functions, or materials.
(3) function: provides appropriate functions or operations that meet the needs of how the target market, community, or consumer group will use the product or project.
(4) aesthetics: appropriately represents the distinguishing features of the product or project.
(5) communication: expresses the cultural sensibilities of the target market, community, or consumer group (visual communication design category).
9. important notes
(1) where the entry fee is not received in full by the organizer, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the entry and/or any qualifications awarded the applicant.
(2) if the registration process has been completed by the applicant, the organizer will not refund the registration fee.
(3) products and projects that did not pass the selection process in past editions of the award cannot be re-registered for entry in the competition unless said product or project has been modified or is a new model.
(4) registration materials are not returnable.
(5) be sure to submit the relevant information and materials before the deadline set for each stage of the competition. during the selection process, it is not necessary to send person/s to explain their product or project on-site. products and projects with incomplete submission of information or material by the set deadline are deemed to have withdrawn their registration.
(6) the taiwan design center reserves the right to use the product descriptions and product photographs or videos provided by the applicant when registering for the golden pin design award for promotional purposes.
(7) applicants participating in the secondary and final selection procedures will be solely responsible for any costs incurred in the transportation of their entered product or project (including import and
export duties, insurance, food inspection, etc.) and any related procedure documents.
(8) if any winner or product is accused and verified of being in violation of the provisions of the operating procedures of the golden pin design award, plagiarizes other works, or provides misleading representation of facts, in addition to the taiwan design center canceling eligibility for a
golden pin design award, it will also recover any certificates and awards already conferred.
(9) if any dispute arises in relation to the selection process or usage of a design mark, the entrant who was awarded a design mark and/or the right to use a design mark is responsible for applying for mediation or litigation. any civil action suit brought against the organizer must first be undertaken in taipei city (taiwan).
(10) if any consumer disputes arise, or accidents occur related to golden pin design award-winning products or projects, then the manufacturer will assume full responsibility to resolve all subsequent problems arising therefrom.
(11) the organizer is not responsible for any missed communications related to the golden pin design award where there is a change in applicant contact information after the time of registration. if contact
information provided by an award applicant at time of registration changes, it is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the organizer of the change and provide updated contact information.
(12) the organizer or the award executive reserves the right to amend any or all parts of this document at any time.
10. contact information
janice cheng – taiwan design center
tel: +886 2 27458199 ext.335
fax : +886 2 33229134
location: no. 133, guangfu south road, xinyi district, taipei 11072
directions: enter the songshan cultural and creative park from chung hsiao east road, section 4, lane 553, or from yanchang road, and follow the signage to the second floor offices of the taiwan design center.
We do not have an editorial review of this design competition.
We do not have a website excerpt for this competition.
IMAGES, POSTERS AND BANNERS
Logo of the competition is uploaded, see below. Competition rophy is uploaded, see below. Competition poster is uploaded, see below. Website screenshot is uploaded, see below. Competition banner is uploaded, see below. Competition big banner is uploaded, see below.